We are getting close to coming back! We are hoping that we will be able to open our doors around the beginning of June. Your safety means everything to us, and we are working vigorously to acquire everything that we will need to provide the utmost in quality and exceptional service like we have always tried to achieve.
We have been busy trying to reschedule everyone that has been affected over the last two months. Higher risk patients will be advised to reschedule for a later date. Those that just do not feel comfortable making appointments at this time can reschedule as well.
We have always made infection control a top priority and will continue to do so. We have always followed the CDC, OSHA and the ADA® guidelines. There have been some significant changes that you will see. These changes are for everyone’s continued good health and safety. These are only additions to the already strong guidelines that have been in place for a long time.
There will be a few changes to our daily routine:
- You will be asked a pre-screening health questionnaire at your confirmation call. When you arrive at your appointment, we will ask that you call or text us to let us know you are here and a member of our team will come to your car. At that time, the health form will be gone over again to make sure there are no changes.
- Our team will scan your temperature and if it is over 100.4, we will reschedule your appointment.
- Another member of our team will come get you and take you to your room when we are ready. We ask everyone to use the hand sanitizing station at the front door upon entering and leaving.
- No guests are permitted unless absolutely necessary. If someone is with you then all the same guidelines will be followed by them as well.
- All of the above-mentioned guidelines are designed to help minimize the amount of people in the office to satisfy social distancing protocols.
Physical changes to the office:
- We ask that all of our patients wear a mask at all times. The only exception would be when you are in the chair and ready for treatment
- All of our team will be in masks.
- The team will go through the same prescreening question and temperatures checks daily and logged.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed.
- Our team members providing treatment will wear masks, face shields, head coverings and gowns.
- HEPA filters will be placed in each treatment room and the common areas.
- We are also equipping all the treatment rooms with high volume suction appliances that will help reduce the amount of aerosols that are emitted during dental procedures.
We will continue to provide the highest level of room disinfection; counters, handles, and equipment like we have always done.
We look forward to opening back up and seeing each and every one of our patients. To learn more about our patient safety measures in Ocean Pines, Maryland, call our office at 410-208-2900. Our team will be happy to schedule you for an appointment with our doctor, Dr. Pedar Didriksen.