Beautiful smiles begin with tooth brushing techniques. Not only should you employ adequate toothbrush tactics and use the right tools, but you also need to make sure that you are cleaning your toothbrush as well. The toothbrush will not be able to function effectively if it is contaminated in any way, so it’s important to always care for properly. Use the following tips and techniques to help you out:
– Always inspect your toothbrush for signs of damage and replace it as needed. Typically, traditional toothbrushes need to be replaced every three to four months. For younger children, they need to have their brushes replaced even sooner.
– Never store your toothbrush on its face and make sure it is not touching any other toothbrushes.
– Make it a habit to never share your toothbrush at any time.
– Always make sure that when you were done using your toothbrush to clean it properly and store it in a safe location. This includes storing it upright in and aired-out location where further contamination will not occur.
– Never push too hard with your toothbrush, and visit your dentist for further oral exams and cleanings.
– If you’re struggling with traditional brushing techniques, consider an alternative treatment that is easier to use. One particular product that is easier to operate is an electric toothbrush.
– Avoid using other toothbrushes as it can easily contaminate your mouth with someone else’s bacteria.
If you would like to experience the sensation of a superb smile with a smile makeover, please stop by Pedar B. Didriksen DDS Family and Cosmetic Dentistry for an oral exam from Dr. Pedar Didriksen and our team at our remarkable dentist office in Ocean Pines, Maryland. Book your appointment by calling us at 410-208-2900.