Fall is in the air looming with the smell of spicy aromas and sugary treats. With so much fun to have this Halloween season, it’s easy to forget the importance of oral health, which can lead to dangerous oral results. With so many delicious treats at our fingertips, it’s vital to remember important tips to keep you and your smile healthy this time of year.
Here are some tips and tricks for keeping your smile healthy this spooktacular season:
· Avoid hard and sticky candies. These candies can be very harmful to your teeth. The sugary substance can latch onto your tooth enamel encouraging tooth decay.
· Have your candy with other meals. This will encourage other food particles and saliva to wash the sugar from your teeth.
· Try providing sugarless gum. Sugarless gum can encourage saliva production, which can wash away the harmful food particles in your mouth.
· Remember to brush your teeth regularly. Brushing at least twice a day for two minutes a day will help you keep your teeth healthy and free from tooth decay.
· Don’t forget to floss. Flossing reaches the places a toothbrush cannot reach. Between the teeth and deep along the gum line are popular places for candy to leave sugary particles forming cavities.
· Use mouthwash after brushing. By using mouthwash, you can clear away any remaining bacteria in your mouth after brushing, leaving your smile clean and fresh.
If you still have questions on how to care for your smile this Halloween season, please call us at 410-208-2900 and talk to a member of our friendly staff. We are always happy to address any questions or concerns pertaining to your oral care. Here at Pedar B. Didriksen DDS Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Ocean Pines, Maryland, we wish you and your family a happy Halloween.