It is never too late to set up a Halloween checklist to make sure your smile can have a Spooktacular season. You can still enjoy the foods and snacks you love, but just remember to exercise caution to limit your intake of harmful ingredients. For additional help consider the following:
– Prepare a candy plan checklist such as this one to ensure your smile and the smiles of your loved ones can remain healthy for numerous holidays to come.
– Always swap out unhealthy sweets and treats for healthy snacks.
– Use cleaning products that are recommended by your dentist or feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Stay away from sticky candies or hard candies that can easily linger in your mouth long after eating them.
– Exercise caution with any products that can chip or crack your teeth, including hard candies, candy apples, and popcorn kernels/balls.
– Visit your dentist routinely for oral examinations and checkups.
– Avoid highly acidic foods such as fruit drinks and sour sweets.
– Avoid snacking between meals.
Pedar B. Didriksen DDS Family and Cosmetic Dentistry wants you to have a safe and happy Halloween. If you would like to learn more, or need to set up an appointment with Dr. Pedar Didriksen, please call us to at 410-208-2900, or stop by our office in Ocean Pines, Maryland.